Our five intensive programs are designed to help youth and adults take their music, acting and dance to a more professional level. All Intensives are led by teaching artists with professional experience and culminate with public performance opportunities.
- Whether they want to play in an ensemble, try a solo, or compose, all young musicians will have an opportunity to shine in the intermediate or advanced Community Arts Youth Orchestra.
- Open to middle and high school students enrolled in a Studio class, Community Arts Theater Troupe members will work towards creating and performing original pieces based on the skills they learn in class.
- Flutists age 12 to adult practice and perform a varied and innovative repertoire in the East Bay's only flute choir, Flock of Flutes.
- An enthusiastic ensemble of 20 adult and youth musicians, the Community Arts Jazz Band performs a range of jazz masters’ music at community events throughout the year.
- Youth age 9-19 with at least a year’s experience can join the Professional Training Program, a supportive and rigorous ballet community.