Our five intensive programs are designed to help youth and adults take their music, acting and dance to a more professional level. All Intensives are led by teaching artists with professional experience and culminate with public performance opportunities.
- Whether they want to play in an ensemble, try a solo, or compose, all young musicians will have an opportunity to shine in the intermediate or advanced Community Arts Youth Orchestra.
- Open to middle and high school students enrolled in a Studio class, Community Arts Theater Troupe members will work towards creating and performing original pieces based on the skills they learn in class.
- Flutists age 12 to adult practice and perform a varied and innovative repertoire in the East Bay's only flute choir, Flock of Flutes.
- An enthusiastic ensemble of 20 adult and youth musicians, the Community Arts Jazz Band performs a range of jazz masters’ music at community events throughout the year.
- Community Arts Dance Program offers school year and quarterly dance classes for dancers of every level and age from preschooler to adult. Our school year classes are offered in multiple levels of ballet and are taught by professional teaching artists in partnership with Diablo Ballet. Our school-year ballet classes include Ballet I, II, III, and our Professional Training Program (Intermediate and Advanced levels). Quarterly dance classes are offered in contemporary, hip hop, jazz, tap, creative dance, parent-child dance, ballet, and more. For a complete list of current classes, click here.