At Center for Community Arts we have something for all to explore and discover!
We offer quarterly classes or one-day workshops in drawing, painting, and printmaking, ceramics, dance, music, photography and digital media, theater, glass, fiber arts and jewelry. Build your skills from beginning to advanced classes. We even offer intensives in dance, music and theater. Whether you’re a child or adult, beginning or advanced, you belong at Community Arts.
Our classes are offered on a quarterly basis with the exception of Community Arts Preschool, Youth Orchestra, Flock of Flutes, Jazz Band, and Ballet, which are year round programs. Quarterly registration dates can be found on our homepage.
Registration can be completed by:
Phone: Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm (925) 943- 5846. Please have your class title, number and credit card information ready.
Mail: Send a registration form with payment to: Center for Community Arts, 111 N Wiget Ln, Walnut Creek 94598. Make checks payable to City of Walnut Creek.
Walk-in: Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm; Heather Farm Community Center, 301 N. San Carlos Drive, Heather Farm Park or Shadelands Art Center, 111 N. Wiget Ln.
Withdrawals: If you wish to withdraw, call us at least five (5) business days before the start date for a refund. A $12 withdrawal fee per person, per class will be charged. No refunds or credits after this time. Refunds are processed within three weeks. No refunds for non-attendance or lack of student participation.
Transfers: If you wish to transfer to another course within the same session, call us at least five (5) business days before the start date for a transfer to be processed.
Quality Assurance: If, after attending the first class, you are not happy with the quality of the program, call us right away. Tell us what was wrong so we can make it right.
- A class may be canceled if minimum enrollment is not met. A full refund is available.
- If a session is canceled due to weather and no make-up class is offered, a refund will be provided; but no refunds are offered for weather related concerns if the program is running as scheduled.
Payment and Account Credit Policies:
- Fees must be paid in full at time of registration by cash, credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover), or check payable to the City of Walnut Creek, unless otherwise stated in program description.
- All payments are processed upon receipt.
- Supply fees are payable to the instructor at the first class. Please do not include supply fees with your registration fees. Supply fees are non-refundable.
- If payment plans are offered, customers must provide a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover) for automatic payment processing.
- All credits on account are valid for a maximum of one year.
Year Round Programs
Withdrawals: A $75 withdrawal fee per person, per class will be charged for all withdrawals for school year classes over $1000. Withdrawal requests must be received in writing before the 15th of the month prior to the month you wish to withdraw. Class fees will be charged for the next full month for withdrawal requests that are received after the 15th of the month in addition to the withdrawal fee. No refunds for non-attendance or lack of student participation.